Aaaah, I love fall! Here are some spooky Halloween amigurumi!
Ok, so they’re not that spooky. Just a cute little Jack o’ Lantern and his batty friend.
I’ve been working my way through my gigantic stash of sock yarn and using up all my leftovers. With these socks I used up all of the Sock-Ease I had in Grape Soda and Snow Cone. The Grape Soda colorway made its way into three pairs of socks! Here are some striped gansey socks.
They have some texture created by purl bumps in the shape of diamonds. I wish I had been able to make them a bit taller, but that was all the yarn I had! The pattern is Wendy Johnson’s Diamond Gansey Socks.
I didn’t want to post about my fall hat/scarf/glove set til it was done, but oh well. Maybe once I finally finish the gloves (they’ve been set aside for a bit) I’ll get some nice pictures of the whole set.
The hat is a lacy beret. It serves well to show the wonders of blocking. Here’s how it looked right off the needles:
Now here’s how it looks after I gave it a good soak, then stretched it over a dinner plate and let it dry:
Ta-daa! The pattern is called Wasabi, and the yarn was Knit Picks Stroll in Buckskin. Right now I’m working on some gloves in the same yarn to match. I’m on the fingers of the first glove right now.
Seeing as they’re lacy and fingerless they’re for decoration rather than warmth. The pattern is called Barberry Mitts. Barberry is a mitt pattern, but I’m converting it to gloves for a better fit.
To go with the hat and gloves is my first-ever shawl. I’ve avoided shawl knitting for a while because the patterns are crazy complicated and I was never really sure if I’d even wear a shawl once I’d made it. So I dipped my toes in the water with this small neckerchief style shawl. The pattern is called Fall of Leaves, and the yarn is Alpaca with a Twist Socrates.
It turned out to be not quite as complicated as I thought. I did have to read ahead and take my time, but it was worth the effort. Unfortunately on the very last row I ran out of yarn.
The space between the two silver needles is what’s left. So close! I found some other yarn that was a close enough match and finished binding off.
Then pinned it to a blocking mat.
I even have a pretty dragonfly pin to go with it.
The set goes really well with my fall jacket. I only hope I can finish those gloves before it gets too cold.